Verizon is packing more on-demand content into FiOS TV -- which currently offers more than 15,000 VOD titles per month -- through deals with Rainbow Media's AMC, Disney Family Movies, 20th Century Fox, Univision and others.
The new content partners are:
* AMC, which will provide episodes from Mad Men and The Prisoner;
* Disney Family Movies, which will offer a subscription-on-demand package with classic and contemporary movies as well as animated shorts from The Walt Disney Studios for $5.99 per month;
* 20th Century Fox, which will make new release titles available in HD, including Notorious, Taken and 12 Rounds;
* Univision, which will provide titles from its three linear networks -- Univision, TeleFutura and Galavision -- including sports, family and lifestyle programming, series and dramas, movies, reality TV and news;
* American Pop Classics, which offers previews, clips and full-length feature films from the 1940s through the 1970s;
* Cinetic Film Buff, which features independent films in HD and SD;
* HSN on VOD, allowing customers to shop in a categories including beauty, fashion and jewelry, health and wellness, and electronics;
* Dew Tour, an action-sports tour that features skateboarding, BMX and freestyle motocross.
Verizon's VOD titles, 70% of which are free, include more than 1,400 HD titles per month.
Verizon reported having 2.5 million FiOS TV subscribers as of June 30. The service is currently available to 10.3 million homes in 14 states.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.