Univision Debuts 24-Hour News Network on DishLatino
Univision Communications has launched a new 24-hour news service with Dish Network.
FOROtv, the leading 24-hour Spanish-language cable network from Mexico, which has been adapted for the U.S. audience, has rolled out onto DishLatino suite on channel 847.
The May 3 bow marks the final of four new Univision cable network launches on the DBS provider as part of a far-reaching distribution pact consummated in January. FOROtv joins tlnovelas, which debuted on March 1, Univision Deportes Network and Deportes Dos, which kicked off on April 7, on Dish's dial.
FOROtv is Televisa's broadcast news network from Mexico tailored for the U.S. that presents news with an authentic Latin tone and a unique "south of the border" point of view, according to the Spanish-language media leader in this country. Programs encompass economics and politics to pop culture, health and technology.
"Launching FOROtv for U.S. Hispanics allows us the unique opportunity to bring viewers high quality, 24-hour news that speaks directly to their interests and intellect, in the language of their hearts," said Jessica Rodriguez, senior vice president of Univision Cable Networks in announcing the launch. "Hispanics have an insatiable appetite for news and we are thrilled to have a group of award-winning and renowned journalists help them stay informed on what's happening around the world, including a unique perspective on the 2012 presidential elections in the U.S., Mexico and Venezuela."
Noted Dish vice president of marketing Alfredo Rodriguez:"With the launch of FOROtv, DishLatino continues to deliver on its commitment to provide Hispanic viewers the very best in Spanish language programming. Currently, DishLatino is the only programming package where you can find all of Univision's exciting new channels - FOROtv, tlnovelas, Univision Deportes Network and Deportes Dos."
The following is a sampling of the news network's lineup:
• El Mañanero - The morning news show that helps its audience better cope with uncertainty by revealing the unknown, portraying day-to-day problems in a relatable manner;
• Matutino Express (Morning Express) - Hosts Esteban Arce, Adriana Riveramelo and José Ramón San Cristobal bring a modern vision of how to approach the news without diminishing the seriousness of the message;
• Respuesta Oportuna (Opportune Answer) - Hosted by Diane Perez and Marta Guzman, the show addresses issues of general-interest in the realms of health, legal, family, environment and technology;
• Economia del Mercado (Market Economy) - Led by Enrique Campos, the program catched up on the most important economic and financial events in Mexico and the world:
• Agenda Pública (Public Agenda) - Hosted by José Carreño Carlón and Gabriela Warketin, the program integrates the public's comments and opinions into discuss the media's day-to-day behaviors and the process of communication; and
•Es Hora de Opinar (The Opinion Hour) - Hosted by Leo Zuckermann and Javier Tello, the show focuses on ideas and arguments surrounding the analysis of national and international agenda
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.