mtvU announced its spring-2006 course load Wednesday.
MTV Networks’ college-targeted service added that all of its shows will now debut online on its mtvU Über (www.mtvu.com) broadband channel either prior to or simultaneously with their on-air premieres.
The network is available in more than 730 colleges across the country, with a combined enrollment of over 6.8 million.
New spring fare includes:
• mtvU Freshmen Five, in which college students biannually pick five emerging artists, with each to be featured on an upcoming episode of weekly music-video series The Freshman.
• Breaking the Video, which gives college students the chance to produce and direct music videos for emerging acts, with this season’s roster including O.A.R. and Damone.
• 2006 Best Music on Campus Contest, with the winner receiving a record deal and their video premiering on mtvU and mtvU Über.
• Campus Invasion '06 Tour, which will bring up-and-coming artists Motion City Soundtrack, Straylight Run and HelloGoodbye to 20 college campuses beginning in the first week in April.
• mtvU Exclusive Live Leak, which will feature an exclusive live performance of a new song from reggae star Matisyahu’s debut studio album, Youth, each day for the seven days leading up to its release in March.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.