The National Cable & Telecommunications Association Thursday announced the winners of its “2005 Vanguard Awards.”
The cable industry’s top honor, the 2005 Vanguard Award for “Distinguished Leadership,” will go to Landmark Communications Inc. president and chief operating officer Decker Anstrom and A&E Television Networks president Abbe Raven.
• “Young Leadership”: Steve Miron, president, Advance/Newhouse Communications.
• “Programmers”: George Bodenheimer, president, ESPN Inc. and ABC Sports and co-chairman, Disney Media Networks, The Walt Disney Co.; and Johnathan Rodgers, president and CEO, TV One.
• “Associates & Affiliates:” Leslie Ellis, analyst, columnist and author, Multichannel News.
• “Science & Technology”: Wilt Hildenbrand, executive vice president, engineering and technology, Cablevision Systems Corp.
• “Cable Operations Management”: Steve Rizley, VP and region manager, Arizona, Cox Communications Inc.; and Barry Rosenblum, executive VP, Time Warner Cable.
• “Government & Community Relations”: David Cohen, executive VP, Comcast Corp.
• “Marketing”: Lori McFarling, senior VP, distribution and marketing strategy, affiliate sales and marketing, Discovery Networks U.S.
The 2005 Vanguard Awards will be presented Monday, April 4, at an evening awards ceremony and reception during the 2005 National Show, the NCTA’s 54thAnnual Convention & International Exposition, April 3-5 in San Francisco.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.