Now entering its second decade, the annual Hispanic Television Summit continues to grow and is expected to draw upward of 450 executives, who will gather in Manhattan on Wednesday to discuss a number of topics pertinent to the still burgeoning Latino TV segment and its related businesses.
Presented annually by NewBay Media titles Multichannel News and Broadcasting & Cable since 2003, the 11th annual Summit will attract high-level executives from across the U.S., Latin America and Spain.
They will convene at the Marriott Marquis, New York on Oct. 2, where keynote speakers and panelists will examine issues surrounding content, production, advertising, research, technology, investment and distribution disciplines shaping the Hispanic TV community today and over the course of the decade.
Among the highlights will be Multichannel News editor-in-chief Mark Robichaux’s Summit-opening conversation with Joe Uva, chairman of Hispanic Enterprises and Content at NBCUniversal conversation, and B&C executive editor Dade Hayes’ talk with Paul Presburger, CEO, Pantelion Films & Managing Director of Televisa USA.
Moreover, during a luncheon ceremony, the Summit will bestow the Award for Leadership in Hispanic Television to Time Warner Cable, which will be accepted by Melinda Witmer, the MSO’s executive vice president and chief video and content officer, and honor Maria Elena Salinas, the co-anchor of Univision Network News and co-host of Aquí y Ahora, with the Award for Achievement in Hispanic Television.
Register for the event here.
Check out the full agenda below:
8:00 a.m. Registration Opens
Continental Breakfast, Westside Foyer
Sponsored by NUVOtv
Morning Sessions: Westside Ballroom South
8:40 a.m. –
11:30 a.m. Morning Refreshments, Westside Foyer
Sponsored by CONDISTA
8:40 a.m. Welcome and Opening Comments
Louis Hillelson, VP/Group Publisher, Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News
8:45 a.m. Opening Keynote Conversation: Exploring the Business of Hispanic Television in 2013-14
The explosive growth of the Hispanic TV industry is the topic of this one-on-one discussion with the key executive at one of America’s leading media companies. This conversation focuses on the lucrative environment in advertising, programming, production and multi-screen distribution for those in the business of serving the Hispanic TV audience.
- Joe Uva, Chairman, Hispanic Enterprises and Content, NBCUniversal
Moderator: Mark Robichaux, Editor-In-Chief, Multichannel News
9:15 a.m. Session #1:Advertising Roundtable: Riding the Current Wave to the Next Success
The list of leading advertisers entering the Hispanic market continues to expand. The growing ad investment in Hispanic TV media reflects a major shift in focus among the biggest players. Growth is at a rate that surpasses all other media categories. Find out what to expect in the coming months.
- Karina Dobarro, Senior Partner, Account Director, MEC
- Carol Hinnant, Senior Vice President, National Television Sales, Rentrak
- Tom Maney, EVP Advertising Sales, Fox Hispanic Media
- Mike Rosen, Executive Vice President, Advertising Sales & Integrated Marketing, Telemundo Media
- Eduardo G. Samamé, VP, New Products & General Manager Direct Marketing Solutions, Time Warner Cable Media
- Lisa Torres, President, ZO Multicultural
Moderator: Court Stroud, Director, Media Partnerships, Skyword Inc.
10:00 a.m. Advertising Keynote Conversation: What’s Next?
Two media agency leaders compare their individual perspectives of what’s next for traditional TV and digital media placement. They will share a cooperative vision for the future based on expertise and lessons learned from past challenges within the Hispanic ad community. Today’s explosive growth must be carefully plotted for sustainability into the future. Hear more from two who are at the forefront of these efforts.
- Lia Silkworth, EVP, Managing Director, Tapestry, Starcom MediaVest Group
- Marla Skiko, EVP, Director of Digital Innovation, SMG Multicultural
Moderator: Barry Frey, President & Chief Executive Officer, Digital Place-based Advertising Association
10:30 a.m. Session #2:Programming Roundtable
Content shapes and defines Hispanic TV. New content reflects the latest cultural trends and shifts in the dynamic Hispanic demo. Join this creative conversation about the development of new programming for Hispanic audiences. This panel will also address issues related to rights and windows in an ever-increasing multiscreen environment.
- Maria Badillo, VP Programming & Production, Tr3s
- Eduardo A. Hauser, Chairman, Vme Media Inc.
- José Néstor Márquez, Vice President of Digital Video Production & Development, Telemundo Media
- Freddy Rolón, Jr., Vice President of Programming and Business Initiatives, ESPN Deportes
- Luz Maria Sánchez-Cardona, Ph.D, Executive Director, Canal 22 Internacional
- Pablo F. Urquiza, Vice President, Time Warner Cable Deportes
Moderator: R. Thomas Umstead, Programming Editor, Multichannel News
11:15 a.m. Session #3: News Roundtable: The Importance of News Content to Hispanic Viewers
This unique conversation tackles the significant importance that news content plays in the lives of U.S. Hispanic viewers, whether it is news from the home country or from across the street — about sports, entertainment or world events. Hispanic viewers watch more news and want more news than ever before.
- Keith Clinkscales, Chief Executive Officer, REVOLT Media & TV
- Beau Ferrari, Executive Vice President of Operations, Univision Networks
- Cynthia Hudson, Senior Vice President and General Manager, CNN en Español and Hispanic Strategy, CNN/U.S.
- Juan Manuel Benitez, Political Reporter, NY1 Noticias
Moderator: Dade Hayes, Executive Editor, Broadcasting & Cable
12:00 p.m. Luncheon and Award Ceremony, Westside Ballroom North
Sponsored by Telemundo/ mun2
The Luncheon Ceremony will include the presentation of two awards:
- Award for Leadership in Hispanic TelevisionRecipient: Time Warner CableAcceptance by: Melinda Witmer, Executive Vice President and Chief Video and Content Officer, Time Warner Cable
- Award for Achievement in Hispanic Television
- Recipient: María Elena Salinas, Co-Anchor of Univision Network News and Co-host of Aquí y Ahora, Univision Communications.
Afternoon Sessions: Westside Ballroom South
1:30 p.m. Session #4: Marketing Roundtable: Exploring the Growth of Hispanic TV Audiences
This discussion includes top marketers and promotions executives sharing their best practices for ensuring that programming effectively attracts Hispanic viewers across platforms and pay TV companies maintain Hispanic customers.
- Luis F. W. Caballero, Executive Director of Marketing, Hispanic & Segmentation, Cox Communications
- Geetanjali Dhillon, VP, Marketing and Digital, Sony Movie Channel & Cine Sony Television
- Ruth Gaviria, Executive Vice President, Corporate Marketing, Univision Communications
- Guillermo Hidalgo, General Manager, Ecuavisa International/ INTI Network
- Gustavo Mena, Partner, UNO Entertainment
- Oswald M. Méndez, EVP, Chief Marketing Officer, MundoFOX
Moderator: Adriana Waterston SVP, Marketing & Business Development, Horowitz Associates, Inc. Market & Multicultural Research
2:00 p.m. –
3:45 p.m. Afternoon Refreshments, Westside Foyer
Sponsored by Cine Sony Television
2:15 p.m. Afternoon Keynote: The Exploding Power and Attraction of Hispanic Entertainment
With hit TV series like Devious Maids and block-buster hit movies like Instructions Not Included in the marketplace, this leading entertainment executive will share his perspectives on the growth of Hispanic entertainment purchasing power and the trend towards the increasing appeal of “Latino” content within the general market.
- Paul Presburger, Chief Executive Officer, Pantelion Films & Managing Director, Televisa USA
Moderator: Dade Hayes, Executive Editor, Broadcasting & Cable
2:45 p.m. Session #5: Distribution Roundtable
This is considered to be the single most important conversation about the developing revenue growth for the business of Hispanic TV … including broadcast, pay TV, over the top, digita and TV everywhere.
- Martin K. Breidsprecher, CEO, Azteca America
- Michael D’Emilio, Director of Multicultural Strategy and Development, Comcast Cable
- Jorge E. Fiterre, Partner, CONDISTA
- Judi Lopez, Senior Vice President, Distribution & Affiliate Marketing, NUVOtv
- Fred Medina, EVP and Managing Director, BBC Worldwide Latin America & U.S. Hispanic
- Tom Mohler, CEO, Olympusat Holdings
Moderator: Francisco Montero, Managing Partner, Fletcher Heald & Hildreth
3:30 p.m. Session #6: Preparing for World-Class Events
Sponsorships are often the key to the successful distribution and viewership of world-class televised events like World Cup, the Olympic games and other sports championships, awards shows, concerts or even a papal visit. Hear how the sponsor’s tie-in promotions help to drive viewership while the same affiliation with an event drives sales of the sponsor’s products or services. See how agencies, producers and networks work together behind the scenes in advance of the special event, to assure successful business results for all involved.
- Alfonso Alanis-Cue, Senior Director, Partnership Marketing, Major League Soccer and Soccer United Marketing
- Javier Farfan, Senior Director of Cultural Branding, PepsiCo
- Bilai Joa Silar, Vice President of Content, Discovery U.S. Hispanic Networks, Discovery Networks Latin America/U.S. Hispanic
- Elena Sotomayor, Vice President of Business Development, Cardenas Marketing Network
- Andrew Speyer, VP/Managing Director, Wing
Moderator: Antonio “Tony” Ruiz, Partner, Chief Communications Officer, The Vidal Partnership
4:15 p.m. Closing Remarks
Louis Hillelson, vp/Group Publisher, Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News
4:15-6:15 p.m. Closing Reception
Broadway Lounge, Level 8
Sponsored by Fox; Mundo Fox, Fox Deportes, Fox Life and Nat Geo Mundo
*Subject to Change
Weekly digest of streaming and OTT industry news
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.