Continuing to expand its Spanish-language programming, DirecTV is now offering Television Dominicana as part of its Más programming lineup.
With that addition, the direct-broadcast satellite provider’s customers will have access to popular programming from the Dominican Republic for the first time.
“Our viewers are constantly telling us that our channel offerings help them feel connected with their home countries,” John de Armas, vice president of DirecTV’s WorldDirect, said in a prepared statement. “With 1.5 million Dominicans in the United States, we are pleased to be able to bring them a variety of their native talent such as Freddy Beras-Goico, Nuria Piera, Jochy Santos, Milagros Germán, Tania Baez and Alicia Ortega, among others.”
Television Dominicana is available in DirecTV Más packages beginning with Básico at $29.99 per month and features a number of the Dominican Republic’s most highly rated shows, including:
• El Poder de las 12, the first show produced in the Dominican Republic for Dominicans living in the United States;
• 9x9 Roberto, the No. 1 variety show featuring six hours of games, music and comedy;
• Hola Gente, viewers welcome Baez into their homes with this magazine show, which includes interviews, music, current events and news segments;
• Chévere Nights, in which Germán entertains every evening with humor, music, contests and interviews; and
• Divertido con Jochy, Santos hosts a family show featuring music, interviews with invited guests, games and dances.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.