Comcast will upgrade to the latest version of Amdocs’ customer care, billing and operational support system, making it the first major provider to use the vendor’s CES 7.5 platform.
In addition to billing and customer care, Comcast also will deploy the Amdocs CES - Cramer OSS 7.5 system to support its network resource management and network planning processes. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Comcast in July renewed its contract with its other billing systems provider, CSG Systems, through 2012.
Comcast senior director of corporate communications Jenni Moyer said the MSO uses Amdoc's billing software in about 40% of its systems and uses CSG in the other 60% which are cable systems from the 2002 acquisition of AT&T Broadband.
Kaufman Bros. analyst Karl Keirstead said the new Amdocs deal with Comcast could provide modestly incremental revenue upside for the vendor, but said the agreement is essentially a contract renewal.
A more important facet of the deal, he said, is that Comcast will upgrade from the “relatively antiquated” customer care and billing systems to the new version. “It’s the first major Amdocs client to upgrade to the 7.5 contract,” Keirstead said.
The Amdocs 7 platform, announced early last year, is designed to support billing and customer care for multiple services -- voice, video, data and content. The software integrates technologies from DST Innovis, a provider of billing and customer-care software focused on the cable industry that Amdocs acquired in 2005.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.