The Cable Center Wednesday announced the slate of presenters for the 2004 Cable Television Hall of Fame Celebration, to be held Oct. 13 in Denver.
• Bob Hughes, founder of Prime New Ventures, a venture-capital company that invests in telecommunications enterprises, will present Jack Crosby, founder and current chairman of The Rust Group, a private-investment partnership.
• Dick Green, CEO of Cable Television Laboratories Inc., will present John W. Goddard, former president and CEO of Viacom Cable.
• John Malone, chairman of Liberty Media Corp., will present Robert L. Johnson, chairman and CEO of Black Entertainment Television.
• Michael Willner, CEO of Insight Communications Co. Inc., will present Geraldine Laybourne, chairman and CEO of Oxygen Media.
• Bill Bresnan, president of Bresnan Communications and chairman of The Cable Center’s board of directors, will present Paul Maxwell, CEO of Media Business Corp. and columnist for CableFAX Daily.
• Gerald Levin, chairman and CEO emeritus of Time Warner Inc., will present Trygve Myhren, former chairman and CEO of American Television and Communication Corp. and president of Providence Journal Co., and currently president of Myhren Media Inc.
• Decker Anstrom, president and chief operating officer of Landmark Communications Inc., will present June Travis, who served as vice president and COO of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association and as president and CEO of Rifkin & Associates Inc.
The smarter way to stay on top of the multichannel video marketplace. Sign up below.