Dish Network and Sunbeam Television have quietly extended their retransmission consent agreement one week while the two parties try to hammer out a retransmission consent agreement.
Sunbeam is currently is out of contract with DirecTV – its three stations in Boston and Miami went dark to that satellite TV service’s subscribers on July 15. Sunbeam said on its Boston station websites that it is currently in carriage talks with Dish, but will go dark on those systems too if a deal isn’t reached by July 29. Sunbeam had previously said the deal expired on July 22. It couldn't be determined if the Miami station was affected or included in those Dish discussions.
Weekly digest of streaming and OTT industry news
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.