Dish Network made a series of management changes Friday, including naming company veteran Erik Carlson president and chief operating officer, in what it said is an effort to fulfill its strategic goals and align the business to better reflect the changing pay TV environment.
Carlson, who was previously EVP of Operations, is a 20-year veteran of the company. In his new role he will supervise all Dish revenue-generating, operating and administrative units, including customer acquisition and retention, finance and accounting, human resources, marketing, media sales, programming, operations and Dish’s newly formed technology office.
In addition, current Dish COO and EVP Bernie Han was named EVP of Strategic Planning and will continue reporting to chairman and CEO Charlie Ergen, who is relinquishing the role of president.
“Bernie’s unparalleled depth as an operational and financial leader will be indispensable as we advance our work on the strategic transformation of DISH, including our entry into the wireless industry,” Ergen said in a statement.
Like Han, Carlson will report to Ergen, as will EVP of corporate development Tom Cullen, EVP and general counsel Stanton Dodge and Sling TV CEO Roger Lynch.
“Erik joined us just before our first satellite launch and has consistently demonstrated remarkable leadership across his many assignments throughout our business,” said Ergen. “He has a clear vision for how DISH will deliver the best customer experience and claim share in our category.”
The following individuals will report to Carlson:
· Vivek Khemka: Khemka has been promoted to EVP and chief technology officer and formerly served as Dish’s SVP of product management.
· Mike McClaskey: EVP and chief human resources officer
· Brian Neylon: Neylon has been promoted to EVP of customer acquisition and retention and formerly served as Dish’s SVP of sales.
· Warren Schlichting: Schlichting has been promoted to EVP of marketing, programming, and media sales and formerly served Dish as SVP of programming and media sales.
· Steve Swain: SVP and CFO
· John Swieringa: Swieringa has been promoted and will assume Carlson’s role as EVP of operations. Swieringa formerly served as Dish’s SVP and CIO.
Rob Dravenstott, who most recently served as Dish VP of IT application development, has been promoted to SVP and CIO and will report to Swieringa.
Additionally, Dish has appointed SVP and corporate controller Paul Orban, who reports to Swain, as chief accounting officer.
Weekly digest of streaming and OTT industry news
Thank you for signing up to Multichannel News. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.