Comcast said it has made on-demand and subscription video on demand titles from a number of networks available to its Xfinity X1 and Flex customers for free during the COVID-19 outbreak.
According to the company, Showtime, Epix, CuriosityStream, History Vault, Grokker Yoga Fitness & Wellbeing, The Reading Corner and DOGTV will all be available for a limited time. .
“This is an unprecedented time and we want to be there for our customers to help make the time they’re spending at home easier with free previews from our network, studio and streaming partners,” said SVP of Video and Entertainment Rebecca Heap in a press release.
Xfinity customers with X1 and Flex can say “Free” into their Xfinity Voice remote to explore the range of subscription programs currently available as part of the free on demand event spanning kids educational content, fitness and TV & movies, including:
• Showtime – all X1 customers can enjoy 30-days of all the series and movies the network has to offer including Billions, Homeland and Shameless. Xfinity Flex customers will be able to watch select originals such as City On A Hill and Kidding.
• Epix – 30 days free of the full Epix catalog of thousands of movies, along with acclaimed original series including Godfather of Harlem, Pennyworth, War of the Worlds and the highly-anticipated Belgravia, premiering April 12.
• CuriosityStream – 60 days free of the top 300 award-winning documentaries and series on science, history, wildlife, adventure, travel and more.
• DOGTV – the whole family is covered with 30 days free of programs for dogs, as well as dog-related programs for all dog lovers.
• Grokker Yoga Fitness & Wellbeing – 30 days free of expert-led video classes in fitness, yoga, meditation and healthy cooking.
• History Vault – 30 days free of a deep offering of classic series, documentaries and specials.
• Kids Room – 30 days free of a wide selection of popular series including Bob the Builder, Polly Pocket, and Strawberry Shortcake.
• The Great Courses Signature Collection – 30 days free of educational video lectures from the world’s greatest professors on subjects from photography to psychology, guitar to genetics, or mindful health to a vast exploration of history.
• The Reading Corner – 30 days free of reading videos on themes such as spring, holiday, school and nature. For children up to 10 years old. Stories include Donuts: The Hole Story, This is a Book Full of Monsters, and Beauty and the Beast.
Xfinity said it plans to open up more preview content from dozens of new networks, studios and streaming partners on a rolling basis over the coming weeks.
The smarter way to stay on top of the streaming and OTT industry. Sign up below.
Thank you for signing up to Next TV. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.